The Healthier Chia bread mix can be served in many different ways:
- Supplement with finely ground almonds to give a slightly different taste to the bread. For 250 g bread mix you may add e.g. 100 g of your favourite nut flour to the mix. Just remember to add an extra 50 ml of water.
- Add finely chopped sundried tomatoes, olives or dried herbs to the dough.
- If you’d like a sweeter version of the bread: Add some Sukrin, cinnamon and e.g. dried fruit for delicious muesli buns or bread.
- Bake the bread in cupcake tins, and add any desired filling to create healthy savoury muffins.
- Make focaccia bread out of 1 kg bread mix, 3-4 teaspoons of e.g. rosemary, oregano and thyme (quantity and herbs to your liking), 1,000 ml of water and 200 ml extra virgin olive oil. Knead the dough well. Spread out in a large deep baking tray. Drizzle olive oil over the dough, and sprinkle with salt. Bake in a preheated oven for 60-70 minutes.
- Use the bread mix as pizza dough. Mix the dough as directed on the package, flatten the dough on a baking sheet, preferably with a little oil on top. Prebake the base for approximately 15 minutes before putting the topping on.
- Use the mix to make hamburger breads or hot dog buns.
- Toast the bread for a crispier crust.
- If you want a less juicy bread, we recommend baking the bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper instead of in a baking tin. Let the batter rise in the bowl for about 3 minutes, then shape the dough into the desired bread shape on the baking tray. This will give the bread a larger top surface, which ensures a crispier crust. Bake the bread on the bottom rack in the oven. Add an extra few minutes of baking time.